Identify Your Wireless Security Risk
Wi-Fi technologies pose unique threats because their signals propagate outside physical boundaries and are difficult to control. Poorly configured systems and weak security protocols allow for unauthorized eavesdropping and easy access. We use a proven methodology and sophisticated testing tools that prevent information, systems and networks from being compromised by:
- Assessing your wireless environment
- Identifying vulnerabilities and errant configurations
- Validating existing controls
Prioritizing high risk findings and remediation techniques.
- A dedicated industry certified collaborative team with experience and expertise produces the highest quality of work.
- Focused more into manual testing over automated testing to avoid false positives.
- We assure you high quality testing on time and every time.
Why Is Wireless Penetration Testing Necessary?
The major purpose of wireless networks in an organization is to increase mobility and convenience for the employees. But these benefits will become a liability if proper security measures are not taken. So, in order to ensure that corporate wireless networks are implemented in such a way to meet the guidelines and goals, penetration testing is to be conducted. The outcome of penetration testing will result in finding flaws such as information leakage through wireless networks and makes sure that the network is used as intended.
Benefits of Wireless Pen Testing
- Ensure Compliance with PCI DSS and other security standards
- Audit security monitoring procedures and incident response tactics
- Detect vulnerability, misconfiguration wireless devices, and rogue access points.
- Reduce the risk and legal ramifications of a business breach
- Harden the wireless access path to your internal network
- Get independent security verification of encryption and authentication policies for devices interacting with your wireless network
- Prevent unauthorised use of your wireless network as a pivot for cyber attacks, which may be traced back to your organisation
- provide management with a proof of exploit which outlines the assets that an attack can compromise such as compromising critical data or gaining administrative level rights over routers and switches.
Penetration testing is carried out in various phases to ensure clear planning and delivery model.
- Scoping: Once we receive the initial order, we identify the organizations Wireless devices that are to be tested by list of all MAC Addresses and SSIDs in scope.
- Site Survey: We will determine whether the wireless signal is significantly leaking outside your organization Using several high-gain antennas and if that may allow an attacker to target your wireless network from nearby locations.
- Unauthorized Access Attempts: Will attempt to gain unauthorized access to the wireless networks in scope.
- Post-Authentication: Once we authenticated to in-scope wireless networks, we will proceed to test several aspects of the wireless network as a regular connected user.
- Report preparation: After gathering all the assessment data, we analyse the data and provide you with a complete easy to understand report containing criticality level, risk, technical and business impact. In addition, we provide a detailed remediation strategy for each discovered vulnerability.
- Quality Assurance: All assessments go through a number of technical and editorial quality assurance phase.
- Presentation: The final phase in wireless penetration testing will be a presentation of all documentation to you. We will walk you through the information provided, make any updates needed, and address questions regarding the assessment output. Following this activity, we’ll schedule any formal retesting, if applicable.
- Our expertise covers all aspect of security and perform it in accordance to the most updated security frameworks like OWASP, NIST SP 800 115, OSSTMM, PTES, WASC and ZCTF.
- Our approach is based on the advanced manual test to ensure no false positives.
A report highlighting the flaws identified during the wireless penetration testing
The report also includes customized vulnerability remediation roadmap and prioritized recommendations to help remediate the identified risks and improve the overall security of the wireless network.